Monday, July 05, 2010

Inked Again!

At long last, Modern in MN meets Brigitte Woman!

IMG_0250

This has been ages in the works and it's really fun to finally see the finished product. The whole deal actually started over a year ago, when I got an email from Marike, a German journalist, asking if I and the house would be interested in being featured in a magazine article she was thinking of doing for the German women's magazine Brigitte Woman. Being the attention whore that I am and always being up for a potentially interesting new experience and pal-making opportunity, of course I said yes, and about six months later she and photographer-sidekick Claudia (who is also German but based in NY) came and hung out with me for a day here at Modern in MN. It was fun and crazy and a little bit scary, because unlike the NYT article I appeared in a couple of years ago, these girls wanted to know about and photograph our entire house. The dust bunnies and cobwebs were on high alert, let me tell you.
Anyway, when we got home from our D.C./Paris adventure* late last week, I was pleasantly surprised to find a copy of the July issue of Brigitte Woman in my mailbox.
And here we are!
Brigitte woman pics
So fun! But being that I don't read or speak German and because I am too lazy to type all that text into an online translator, I have no idea what the article actually says. If there are any German-speakers out there who would like to translate, let me know. You'd be my hero. On the other hand, maybe I sound like a total loser and it would be better for my ego not to know.

*because I know how much everyone loves looking at other peoples' vacation pics, I've got our DC pics and our Paris pics over at Flickr and I'll be giving the rundown of events/food/stuff over at Splatgirl Creates in the coming days.

10 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Peterson said...

I'm lousy with German, too, but I can at least recognize "Das Haus." And I wonder if "Das Niemals Fertig Wird" means something like "These people are very weird." Congratulations on the overseas attention! The photos they took look great.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Splatgirl, I've been waiting for the magazine as well! I've been to Germany several times, since you have first talked about the visit from these girls, but have never seen you in the "Brigitte". Thought I had missed out.... I'll gladly translate for you, if you still need someone to do that.
Btw, "Das Haus, das niemals fertig wird" means "The house, that will never be finished" or "done". But that's meant in a good way, as it reflects on it's owner(s), constantly adding/changing/re-inventing.
I also love your Paris pictures! Glad you had a chance to go!
Ingrid

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Marike said...

Hi there,
as a thank you for hosting Claudia and me so nicely, I will translate the text for you. Let's see when I find the time... (quite a lot of work to be done - and a weeding to be prepared!!!)

:-) Cheers! Marike

4:48 AM  
Blogger art and chel said...

Congrats! Nice to see your hard work on those glossy pages. Now I've got to get back to ogling over your WFO!
-art

4:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So cool to see your house in publication! Off topic question: I saw your post on Apartment Therapy regarding a modern storm door (including modern hardware). Did you ever find something suitable? I am suddenly in need of a storm door and can't find anything remotely close to modern. And if you don't mind sharing the color of your front door, I'd appreciate it!
Thanks, Jenifer

6:41 PM  
Blogger splatgirl said...

Hi Jennifer. Nope, still no storm doors. At one point a year or so ago I decided I could live with the cheapest or close to the cheapest full-view style they sell at HD, with the old-skool round knobs, but I never pulled the trigger, because, well, they are just cheap looking.
I just can't believe that STILL no one is making a non-bletch looking, nice quality storm door.
The residential construction industry, argh.

9:25 PM  
Blogger elmergeorge said...

Hi Splatgirl,
I found your site through googling ofuro's and ended up whiling away some hours reading a lot of your other entries. I am very inspired by your many projects! Also wondering if you give an update on the concrete ofuro and if you are still happy with it and if not, what you would change.
all best,linda

6:59 PM  
Blogger splatgirl said...

Hi Linda, and thanks
The ofuro is great. I have issues with the amount of water it takes/wastes and we don't use it a whole lot, but it's great when it does get used.

8:40 AM  
Blogger India @Apt528 said...

Congrats. What great pics :)

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David:
"I found your site through googling ofuro's" ... same here.
And: I found it sitting somewhere in Germany.

You did a WOW!-Job here!

Greetings from Germany,
David

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home