Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tight White Pants in the Bedroom

I have had an epiphany about the color orange: It's the tight white pants of the paint world.

Yes, these are the life changing revelations that reveal themselves to me when I least expect it, whether I'm ready or not.

What can I say.

But you know the way that there is a rather specific and limited type of anatomy that will look good in tight white pants, namely, nothing less than perfectly sculpted and cellulite-free thighs and butt? Like those pants, orange paint requires a certain type of house anatomy to work as a wall color.

And if you've got it, you've gotta work it.

Maybe I'm making up for not being a tight white pants girl.

Anyway, that all does have a point, I promise.

So I've been working on the bedroom, and I went into the whole project intending to provide you with full disclosure and the down and dirty before pictures that always seem to make the after pictures that much more satisfying.
But I sort of flaked on it until I was almost done unloading the room, so this is all the before I have:


Fast forward almost two weeks (I caught a nasty balloon-head-attached-to-body-by-string cold), and I am about 2/3 done:


As usual, the wall color proved difficult to get an accurate read on in photographs, but it's Benjamin Moore Blue Nova, kind of an inky, purply blue.


I'm not 100% in love with it yet, but I think by the time I put on the finishing touches and get the room accessorized, it's going to work.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely.

Where is the rug from?

6:14 PM  
Blogger splatgirl said...

four letters, starts with "i"

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am amazed of how EVERYTHING you do fits; even the hight of the wardrobes under the windows. Was that an happy "accident", or all calculated beforehand?
Your site is wonderful, and I especially love your colour-combinations!

5:34 AM  
Blogger splatgirl said...

While there is the occasional,rare happy accident, that was not one of them. I had to give the wardrobes a toekick-ectomy to get them to end up below the height of the windows. That "everything I do fits" is just the end result of what is usually a long and laborious process to get it to fit!
You know how on the show Project Runway, Tim Gunn is always saying "make it work"?
I am the poster child.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Hello:
Lovely end product... i know why you are not an Orange ( tight white pants) kind of a Girl.. maybe, just maybe it is because you are a blue kind of a girl?????.
The color of your bedspread!!!! OMG My kind of color.
Love your blog!

11:30 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Do you mind if I put a link to your blog on our blog site? I have a link to Livemodern but I realized that I never link to your site and I love your project.

Thanks-
Christina
www.daveandchristina.com

12:29 PM  
Blogger splatgirl said...

Hi Christina, and yes, please feel free.

Thanks!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home